,
Message sent from:
NEPG Logo
  • What is the NEPG?

    The NEPG is a group of 18 schools, which includes a fair representation from our Consortium,  who work collaboratively to achieve the highest standards of premises management possible. All schools represent the primary sector, and are located in the north east of  Essex, from Tiptree in the west to Dovercourt in the east. Each school makes an annual financial contribution to the group to ensure that it is fully funded by the member schools, and is not dependent on any external financial assistance in order to operate.

  • Role of the Premises Manager in schools

    The core purpose of the Premises Manager is to provide expert support for schools to ensure that safety and facilities are managed to the highest possible standard. The Premises Manager can provide project management, advice and guidance on issues of health and safety, and assist schools in achieving  value for money through energy saving, effective tender procedures, and applying for additional funding to support schools. As an advocate for each school, the Premises Manager  is able to lobby on behalf of the schools for priority assistance, and can offer guidance for Site Managers, School Leaders and Governing Bodies.

  • Member Schools

    Our History

    The role of Premises Manager was set up in April 2007 by a number of schools in the north eastern area of Essex in order to provide in-house premises management support. Prior to this group being established, the schools had to purchase support from professional bodies within or outside of the Local Authority. This provision did not fully meet with the expectations of the group and so a decision was made to engage a premises manager direct. The advantage of this was that although there was a fixed cost and an informal arrangement regarding the role of the Premises Manager, there was also a greater flexibility and provision of service.

    In 2013, it was decided by the member schools that a more formal arrangement was required. As a result, a Constitution was drawn up together with a Host school agreement in order to give stability to the schools involved and the Consortium. At this time the consortium re branded its name to the North Essex Premises Groupe (NEPG).

    Our Schools

    We  are currently a collection of eighteen primary schools made up of both church of England schools, a Catholic school, and a number of community schools. We are located in the Tendring district & Colchester district of North Essex with approximately fifty miles between our schools at Tiptree and Dovercourt.

    We continue to be open to expanding our group up to a maximum of 23 schools.   

    Our group members are as follows

    All Saints CE Primary School                   Ardleigh St Mary’s CE School

    Birch CE (VA) Primary School                  Chappel CE Primary School

    Dedham CE Primary School                    Fingringhoe CE (VA) Primary School

    Holland Haven Primary School #            Holy Trinity CE Primary School

    Langenhoe Primary School                      Lawford CE Primary School

    Mersea Island School                                Milldene Primary school 

    Roach Vale Primary School                       Stanway Fiveways Primary School

    St George’s Infants and Nursery              St George’s New Town Junior School     

    St Joseph's Catholic Primary School        Spring Meadow Primary School 

    # Host school

     

    All Saints CE Primary School: Tendring.

    This Church of England school is a voluntary aided primary school of approximately 200 pupils. The original single storey school dates from the 1900s and has been substantially extended since then. Generally, the construction is of brick walls with pitched tiled roofs and timber windows. It has recently completed a roofing project which has transformed its teaching facilities.   

    Ardleigh St Mary’s CE School: Colchester.

    This Church of England schools is a voluntary controlled primary school of approximately 120 pupils. Its is situated in the village of Ardleigh, the original village school was built in 1865. It has two store office accommodation with brick external walls and pitched slate roofs. Flat roof extensions were added in the 1970.s. A new standalone school hall was added in 2005. This is single storey timber frame building with birch cladding to the external walls and pitched metal roofs. It accommodates kitchen, PE store and accessible WC. There are two relocatable on the site. One of which is the foundation and year 1 classroom.

    Birch CE (VA) Primary School: Colchester

    This Church of England schools is a voluntary aided primary school of approximately 150 pupils. The original school was built in 1847, with later additions in 1985 and 2008; the buildings are brick under pitched slate roofs. It is in a rural position, surrounded by woods and fields. The Children's Centre, built 2010 now forms part of the school. The school also supports a pre-school nursery in a standalone timber building on the playground.

    Chappel CE Primary School; Colchester

    This Church of England schools is a voluntary controlled primary school of with 100 pupils. The school, which is situated on a level site in a rural location, was built in 1875, extended in 1977 and again in 2008. There was also some minor remodelling in 2005. The building, which is of brick under pitched roofs, has all its accommodation on the ground floors. The classbases have a SE. SW aspect and there is one relocatable classroom from 1960s which was refurbished in 2013, the school recently purchased a refurbished portacabin unit, as a music room.

    Dedham CE Primary School; Colchester

    This Church of England schools is a voluntary controlled primary school of approximately 210 pupils. The original single-storey school dates from the late 1970s and was constructed with the brick walls, metal window, concrete wall panels & flat roof typical of that time. Since then three more classrooms have been added.  More recently the school hall and reception have been enlarged by Essex county council.  The school roof will require re-roofing within the next few years.

    Fingringhoe CE Primary School: Colchester

    This Church of England schools is a voluntary aided primary school of approximately 100 pupils. The original school was built in the 1860s. Two Extensions were added in 2004 & 2008. The building has brick walls and mixture of windows with a slate pitched roof. It is built, effectively, on 4 levels because of the severe slope of the site downwards S-N. The whole site is cramped but in a beautiful rural setting, sitting in the local conservation area. The school is seeking to replace most of its windows.

    Holland Haven Primary School: Tendring

    The single-storey Primary School was completed in 1970. It has had two extensions in the 80/90s. Recent alteration has replaced the metal Crittall curtain walling with UPVC double glazed units. The school is currently in a construction phase project to create four new classrooms in a standalone building, plus a brand-new relocatable classroom, currently 340 pupils and rising.    

    Holy Trinity CE Primary School: Colchester

    This voluntary controlled school with 133 pupils was built in 1979, with concrete panels under flat roofs. The school is a semi-open plan cluster of rooms and classbases with some internal rooms and spaces. Partitions and screens have been erected between classbases and spaces in attempts to create more defined areas. The school is set in spacious, level grounds, with suitable hard and soft play areas and a suitable playing field. The school is in the middle of the village with housing on all sides. The schools swimming pool was recently removed.

    Langenhoe Community Primary School: Colchester

    The single-storey school built in 2004 has brick walls and steeply pitched tile roofs, the building won awards for the Architect Laurie Wood Associates. The site has a general fall south from the Bracken Way frontage. All classbases face an E or W aspect. The building has had 2 extensions and the loft space was converted to a staffroom. Essex County Council are considering a basic need expansion. They have 170 pupils on roll   

    Lawford CE Primary School: Tendring   

    This Church of England schools is a voluntary aided primary school with 205 pupils on roll. The main building was built in 1968. It is single storey and has a flat roof, concrete panels and brickwork to the external walls and UPVC / aluminium windows and external doors. The classrooms and other accommodation are set out around a central hall and courtyard. A multipurpose practical area was added in 2008. It is single storey building with brick external walls and a pitched zinc seamed roof. This is used by a local pre-school, plus another classbase building with similar construction was added 2010. All the mains distribution boards and classroom lighting were changed in 2014, the building was re-roofed in 2015. The school will expand to a two-form entry school by September 2020 as part of the basic need expansions by Essex County Council.

    Mersea Island School (Primary): Colchester  

    This is a foundation school of 180 pupils. The school occupies seven separate blocks arranged around a central playground. The original school buildings were constructed in 1871, the school was expanded in the early 1900s with two additional buildings all on the Barfield Road frontage. They are constructed with the brick walls and pitched Essex tile roofs common at the time. An additional classroom was added in 1978 with pebble-dashed concrete panels with flat roof.  More classrooms were added in 1996 using modular construction having brick skin and pitched slate roof, the new hall of similar design was added in 2000. The heating system to the whole school has recently been upgraded.

    Roach Vale Primary School: Colchester

    The school is located at the end of a cul-de-sac in a residential area. It was built in the late 1970.s. It is a single storey system building with concrete panels to the external walls, flat roofs and aluminium and upvc windows and doors. The classbases are open plan and set out around a former central open courtyard, the main entrance, offices, staffroom, hall and kitchen are accommodated in a linked block. The main entrance, offices and staffroom were extended and remodelled in 2007. There is one relocatable classroom on site which was installed in 2016. A project is planned for April 2019 to install partitions to create separate classrooms.  The school has 210 pupils

     Stanway Fiveways Primary School: Colchester

    The school was built in 1967, and enlarged in 2008; is a brick and concrete panel type cladding under flat roofs. It is on a level site surrounded by housing developments. The school was built with an open plan design, but now most classbases are fully enclosed. The school is part of the basic need expansion programme to provide school places for the number of new homes being built in Colchester. In this regard a new standalone building with seven classrooms, hall and office accommodation was completed in 2018. The school has 380 pupils and rising The site also benefits from a ‘Sure start’ building, a flagship Labour policy, announced in 1998, which accorporates a pre-school and other community facilities all managed by a local charity.

    St Georges Infants School: Colchester

    The school was built in 1970s; of concrete & asbestos panels under flat roofs. It is single story building is on a level site, original open plan around a central hall can courtyard, is a cramped, urban site and shares a playing field with the junior school. There are 2 blocks; the main school and a double demountable installed in approx. 1994. The school has requested redevelopment due to the complex needs of some of its pupils. A directly run pre-school building was added in 2011 which is a single-story building at the entrance of the school. 

    St Georges New Town Junior School: Colchester

    The school was built in 1903 and consists of a single block, multi-storey (up to 3 levels) building. The facings consist of brick and timber sash windows, with pitched tile & slate roofs. The building is one of three buildings of similar construction in the town the other two being grade 2 listed. The site is in an urban setting and slopes significantly downwards N-S. The school has had two extensions, new reception and lift in 2009 and two additional classrooms and new staffroom in 2013 the school accommodates 356 pupils.

    St Joseph’s Catholic School: Tendring

    The school was built in 1955, after the original school was damaged in the floods of 1953, with the further addition of a Craft Room and new Staff room in 1992. The main building is timber frame & cladding with UPVC windows, the staffroom is traditional brick construction and a slightly pitched roof. The site slopes significantly in a generally N-S direction to the extent that internal stepping is required. this is a small school with 114 pupils.

    Spring Meadow Primary School: Tendring 

    The single-storey school was constructed with concrete panels and flat roof in the 1976 with a five-classroom extension added in 1984 in brickwork and flat roof. The Caretakers House was recently converted to a school managed per-school/nursery in two phases in 2014 & 2016   The site has a general rise from the Pound Farm Drive frontage. The site has two other facilities within the grounds & the school currently has 292 pupils

X
Hit enter to search